Hey! I’m Isaac Overacker. I’m the CTO and co-founder of Arboreal, LLC, a company working to reimagine the way we experience tabletop roleplaying games online through the Alchemy RPG platform.
Previously, I worked at CBT Nuggets leading their mobile dev team to craft innovative and reliable offline-first apps for iOS, tvOS, Android, and Windows. During my 14 years in the industry, I’ve also dabbled in startups, contract work, and enterprise.
I think I’m happiest when I get to build something from nothing and witness firsthand the magic of creation. Programming is magic. 🪄
- Building Alchemy
- Playing TTRPGs every week on Alchemy
- Playing video games
- Grounded (PC)
- Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons (PS5) with my kiddo
- World of Warcraft (PC)
- Returned after a 10 year hiatus. Soloed a Night Elf Mage mostly the old way, for nostalgia, from levels 1-36, then timewalked through a bit of Warlords of Draenor until jumping into Shadowlands from level 48 to level 60. Currently enjoying the new Dragonflight expansion.
Last updated Jan 1, 2023.
Here are some of the tools that I use every day.
- Terminal: Warp zsh
- Comms: Discord
- Notes: Notion
- Project Management: ClickUp
- Browser: ✨ Arc browser ✨
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) M1 Max 32 GB
- Gaming PC
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X + Noctua NH-D 15S + white covers
- GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB X TRIO
- Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550 ATX AM4 (white)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4-3200 (black)
- Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME + Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W + white sleeved cable extensions
- Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower (white)
- Monitor: LG 38WN95C-W 38” Ultrawide
- Keyboard: Keychron K8 Pro
- Microphone: FiFine K669B (a gift from speaking at MongoDB World 2020)
- Ship of the Dead Podcast - Alchemy RPG
explicit language- Aug 17, 2022
- Offline-First in an Online World - MongDB World 2020
- Alchemy Devlog video series - started December 2022